From Pangaea Wiki
- If you attack anybody who is blue, you will be flagged as a criminal
- Killing a player who is innocent can flag you for murder.
- Friendly Guilds and fellow guildmembers
- Enemy Guildmembers
- You may attack them without penalty
- You always get a warning whenever you are about to do criminal activities (attacking innocents and stealing)
- When you commit a crime, you become gray
- After staying out of trouble for 5 minutes the criminal will become innocent again (normally).
The few exceptions to the criminal flag warning: you do not become a criminal for attacking your own pets or choosing to attack anybody while you are dead (since you are dead and cannot do that).
- A murderer can actually move freely within towns if they happen to be accepted into the religion that rules them. The guards' cape color indicates the religion they follow. But it can be hard to join a religion while the guards chase after you with their swords raised.
- You can actually customize the colors within your own UO client, but these are the default colors.
- You can disable the warning that appears whenever you are about to do criminal activities