Stats, an abbreviation of statistics, refers to the 3 statistics all characters have in varying amounts, as follows:
- Strength - Determines how much can be carried, amount of melee damage, and number of Hit Points;
- Dexterity - Determines Stamina and is important for some skills and affects the hit speed of your weapon. Also it increases damage while using bows.
- Intelligence - Determines the amount of Mana a player has and affects the damage of certain spells.
You gain stats by using skills that make use of those statistics. When a character reaches their stat cap, the game will start to choose randomly what other stat to lower to compensate for the newly gained stat point. Since its randomly chosen, you can for example: drop in the same stat you were gaining, resulting in no change in stats.
- Each class has a certain limit of the maximum number of stats the character has. A limit for each stat, as well as a combined limit. It is referred to as a Stat Cap. Check out the appropriate class page for more details about limits.
- You cannot lock stats or make them go lower, once you hit statcap one stat will randomly drop or the 1.0 point gain will be negated. You must use potions to drop other stats if you wish to get more of another. Stats will gain even with maxed skills so its suggested to keep few points of total stats free from statcap to be able to control your stats.
- ~ Ivan
Skills and Stats
When you use skills, you will also have a chance to gain stats depending on the associated stats.
Some skills might not be exactly right, please correct if you know better.
To gain stats, you simply have to use skills that make use of those stats.